Recontouring & Microabrasion at Today’s Dentistry in Gibsonia, PA
Recontouring is best suited for teeth that are asymmetrical, overlapped, or have visible cracks and chips.
One of the most simple and effective treatments in cosmetic dentistry is recontouring. In only one session, you can leave our office with a visibly improved smile. In some cases, recontouring can produce results similar to that of braces—in far less time. For those concerned about anesthesia, lengthy appointments, or repeat procedures, this is an ideal option—painless, brief, and permanent.
What to Expect at Your Recontouring Appointment
- A drill or laser will be used to gently remove some of the enamel to change the shape or length of your teeth.
- After your teeth have been contoured to the desired appearance, they’ll be polished to the desired end result.
Microabrasion is a simple procedure that addresses discoloration or irregularities in the enamel of your teeth.
Microabrasion is a painless, conservative treatment option that removes a thin layer of enamel, thus eliminating spots and stains. It’s effective for brown spots, white spots, and mild discoloration. In most cases, treatment is completed in one appointment. Because enamel doesn’t grow back, results are permanent.
What to Expect at Your Microabrasion Appointment
- The teeth are isolated with a rubber dam to protect the gums.
- Microabrasion materials are gently applied to the surface of the tooth, either manually or with a slow-speed rubber tool.
- A thin layer of enamel is removed, and the mixture is rinsed from the teeth.
- This process may be repeated until the desired results are achieved.
Schedule an Appointment
Improve your smile in no time with Gibsonia’s favorite dentist, Dr. Matthew LaNeve at Today’s Dentistry! Call (724) 443-1300.